Friday, December 23, 2011

nine months ago... (and two days)

We met this little girl.
China_016

And here she is now. (again, in her "gotcha day" gear)
DSC00632 copy
I know! She doesn't even look like the same child. And do you see those sleeves? She's grown!

She is so funny. We catch her dancing all the time, whether it's in the car, on our lap, watching Sesame Street, or just bopping around the house. (My favorite is her Curious George monkey move.) She loves to sing, and occasionally I'll hear her during naptime, singing, "you.... peck.... doo-doo-doo. bum! bum!" (Gramma sings Bushel and a Peck by Doris Day. The girls love it.) Our all-American girl loves McDonalds and she points every one of their restaurants out to me. She hardly ever forgets to say "thank you," although we're still working on "please" when she wants something. (Right now she prefers to whine for it.) She's two in every sense of the word and tests me like crazy.
DSC00636 copy


She LOVES her "two piggies" If only you could see her bounce around after she's had her hair done...
DSC00640 copy


She's currently obsessed with "purple" but it's not a color to her. She just wants it. And sometimes it substitutes for the number 10. She doesn't watch a lot of tv, but she does like "Baby Signing Times" and will randomly show me the signs for different words she has learned. (Love that!) She now lets her daddy put her to bed, even though she still cries a little at first, but once they start singing "This Little Light of Mine" and "The B-I-B-L-E", she's golden. She LOVES going to nursery, and starts cheering and clapping as soon as we pull into the church parking lot. (She used to sob and scream.) She has come a long way in these last months.
DSC00634 copy


She and her sister are best buddies and typical siblings. They scream, fight, hit, push and knock each other over. But they can't wait to see each other in the morning. Or after naps. And her sister simply adores her.
DSC00654 copy 2

And that's where we are, 9 months later. Wow.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm a good friend of Robyn's (in the coffee group, also adopting from china) and I LOVE all of these cute clothes you make. I just spent way too much time reading your blog all the way back to your journey to china. Your girls are adorable. So, 2 questions for you. 1. how far apart in age are your girls? Mine will be 9 months apart. 2. did you make the cute dresses on your nov. 27th post (hope I don't sound like a stalker--- robyn can vouch for me:) ) I'm totally going to order some stuff from you!! Have a great day! ~Rushton (www.rushtonsrecipes.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rushton! Oh goodness - your comments made me laugh so hard. Robyn is awesome - I'm ready to road-trip down to your little coffee group! To answer your questions... 1. The girls are 5 1/2 months apart. 2. I did not make the Nov. 27 dresses. (They are Matilda Jane from older lines, but you can probably find them on ebay. Or check out their website - CUTE stuff!) And then if you see a certain style or fabric or color or size you want from my site, just let me know and I can do something custom.

    Now I'm off to do a little stalking on your blog! Thanks for saying "hi!" It's nice to "meet you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 9 months!! I love the teletubbies shirt and I REALLY love the piggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just sat down to read this... so excited to see all of the progress! she's so precious, i loved to see that her hair was growing out when you got her (it's the small things, right?)!

    ReplyDelete