Sunday, August 21, 2011

5 months

It has been 5 months since we met Cora. That day seems so far away, and yet it also seems like we were just in China. I can't remember what life was like without her, but today in church I was remembering all the Sundays morning services when I would sit there, just wondering when we would bring our little girl home. She was no more than a couple pictures and a mystery to me at that time. I didn't even know what she looked like, as all I had were a few baby pictures of her.

But now here we are on this side of the adoption. So I thought I would reminisce a little - go back to that day. I haven't looked at some of these pictures since we were in China. Wow.

Here we are just minutes before meeting her. It's our "before" shot.
China_004

Olivia had a blast playing with all the toys. Of course, when did that kid not have fun in China?
China_007

China_005

And here she is.
China_017

Olivia absolutely adored her!
China_016

And as you can see here, Cora was just as excited to meet her new sister. ;)
China_020

She did laugh and play a little with Olivia on the slide. But as you can see, smiles were a little hard to come by that day. Understandably so.
China_019

China_013

China_012

China_011

See how red those cheeks are???
China_009

And here we all are!
China_025

The end of an emotional, exciting, life-changing day for us all.
China_027

No comments:

Post a Comment